ABOUT CAPTURE, The ProteInn Club and GHENT UNIVERSITY
CAPTURE is a research platform on the re-use of water, CO2 and plastics that enables collaboration between Ghent University, University of Antwerp, VITO and Vrije Universiteit Brussel on the one hand and around a hundred companies on the other.
The ProteInn Club (TPC) is a partnership between the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant, Ghent University, CAPTURE and ILVO, which aims to stimulate the innovation and implementation of alternative proteins produced via fermentation (so-called microbial proteins). The platform was founded in 2021.
The contract is entirely with Ghent University.
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 15,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
* You will work part-time for CAPTURE and part-time for The ProteInn Club to strengthen both activities. Therefore you will be part of the daily board of CAPTURE as well as the core team of The ProteInn Club. Your role thus involves shared responsibilities for both organisations.
* At CAPTURE you will interact with academic and industrial partners to create collaborations in the field of water reuse.
* You will work with The ProteInn Club's core partners and companies to build value chains in microbial protein.
* You will help both organizations to develop the necessary skills and content across the entire circular economy with a focus on microbial protein and water reuse, together with their partners. Think of: actively searching for opportunities for flagship projects, identifying expertise of all market players, listing funding & grant opportunities in Flanders, Belgium, Europe, worldwide.
* You will work closely with the rest of the CAPTURE and The ProteInn Club team to find synergies and develop new projects related to the reuse of water.
* Supporting new projects (from exploratory phase to consolidation) for both organizations.
* Planning and organizing regular updates, meetings, events and workshops.
* Keep track of the newest innovations in regards to water reuse and microbial protein.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* You hold a Master’s degree in chemical technology, chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry or in a scientifically related theme.
* You have an excellent understanding of different water technologies, circular economy and fermentation. Previous experience with (one of) these themes is a plus.
* You are familiar with responding to opportunities offered by Flemish, Belgian and European financing channels for research and innovation.
* You have very strong social and communication skills, you have a customer-oriented attitude, you are a networker and easily make new contacts.
* You are a team player.
* You are stress-resistant and can also perform accurately in challenging situations.
* You are able to present matters both orally and in writing to both a scientific and non-scientific audience.
* You speak fluent English.
* You have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The following topics are an added value, not a requirement:
* Holding a PhD.
* Experience with technology transfer, including IP processes, contracts, licenses, etc..
* Verifiable experience in working with multifunctional teams of academics and industrial partners in Belgium and/or abroad is a plus.
* Experience with presenting to large groups is a plus.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
* We offer you a contract of 2 year.
* Your contract will start on 19/02/2024 at the earliest.
* Place of employment is the CAPTURE building (Frieda saeysstraat 1, 9000 Gent) and Coupure (Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent) with the option to work from home.
* Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4 (if you hold a Master’s degree) or salary scale PD1 to PD4 (if you hold a doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
* All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
All information and how to apply here.
Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply through the online system.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Stijn Vandenbroucke via Stijn.email@example.com for general and CAPTURE related questions. If you have questions regarding The ProteInn Club best to contact Nele Ameloot via firstname.lastname@example.org.