Optimization of industrial processes, a shift to alternative resources, improved functionality, less waste, lower costs and increased efficiencies: these are the challenges industry and society are facing nowadays.
The Elec team of VITO, part of the business unit separation and conversion technologies, focuses on electro-synthesis; utilizing green electricity to produce chemical building blocks and e-fuels. The focus of the team is to invent new pathways and to bring these innovations to the market.
To accelerate these electrochemical innovations, we are hiring several postdocs for electrochemical research and development. More information about VITO and our research topics is available on www.vito.be
Job description for this equal opportunity position:
- You will be dedicately working electrocatalyst and process development in projects along our main program lines
- CO2 electroreduction
- Water electrolysis
- Catalyst and processes for advanced electrosysnthesis
- You will work inadvertedly towards the project goals, taking responsibility for high quality results and in depth analysis, defining and addressing precies scientific questions
- You will perform lab work in Genk & Mol by designing correct experiments and analyse data and develop new scientific hypotheses to test.
- You will work in an international team and context
- Trained in (electro)catalysis, (electro)chemistry, physics or materials science and engineering with a solid multidisciplinary base
- Experience in new material and/or process development
- Keen interest in electrochemical experiments
- Good understanding of interphase phenomena
- Creative and hands-on team player with eye for detail
- Conscious to deliver high quality results in time
- Problem solver
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an asset
Contact person: Jan Vaes