A 5-session journey in which coaches working in research valorization will guide teams of young researchers and entrepreneurs through the trajectory from idea to start-up company. Coaching sessions will be alternated with homework, guest lectures and feedback sessions by successful entrepreneurs and industrial experts.
The course will follow the MIT ‘Disciplined Entrepreneurship’ methodology.
Small teams of motivated Ghent University postdocs, PhD and/or last-year MSc students with innovative ideas, willing to explore the set-up of their own spin-off or start-up company. Primary focus is on water technology, carbon utilization and plastic waste to resource. Researchers from related fields can also be considered.
- Session 1: Market segmentation and defining the customer (March 7th, 12-18h)
- Session 2: Value proposition and customer acquisition (March 28th, 12-21h)
- Session 3: Business model and unit economics (April 16th, 12-21h)
- Session 4: From minimum viable product to product planning (May 7th, 12-21h)
- Session 5: Pitching your story (May 9th, 16-21h)
The course is free for UGent researchers. Externals can join a team of UGent researchers on specific conditions (to be discussed). Lunches and dinners are included. Interested teams can apply by sending an email by February 15th to Simon.DeCorte@UGent.be with the following information:
- Project title + names & affiliations of team members
- Short abstract of business ideas (max. 1/2 A4)
The course will be recognized as a Specialist Course by the Doctoral Schools.